Recently NewsHour‘s Patchwork Nation blogged about the staggering foreclosure numbers, and the fact that among the 12 different community types they’ve identified (for more information, check out Patchwork Nation’s website), foreclosure was the common problem in all of them.
Patchwork Nation: “Foreclosures taking an emotional toll”
Leave a Reply
Partner / Stations
- Nancy Mahlow on 2 million on track to lose their homes in 2009 – No chance of saving any without help
- Rob Paterson on The Fed – A true partner in our work
- Guchsheeree on The Fed – A true partner in our work
- John Proffitt on Lessons from the Project – Expanding our Impact
- Tony Cartman on The Current Foreclosure Situation
- High Unemployment, Low Interest Rates: Get Used To It
- Job Growth: A Big, Disappointing Number
- Mohamed El-Erian Explains 'The New Normal'
- Googlers And Planet Money Are Trying To Answer The Same Question
- Deep Read: 'A War Between States And Corporations'
- BP And The Challenge Of Low Probability, High Impact Risks
- 125- DuplitectureThe best knock-offs in the world are in China. There are plenty of fake designer handbags and Rolexes, but China’s knock-offs go way beyond fashion. There are knock-off Apple stores that look so much like the real thing, some employees … Continue reading → […]
- 124- LongboxReporter Whitney Jones argues that R.E.M.’s Out of Time is the most politically significant album in the history of the United States. Because of its packaging. […]
- 123- SnowflakeWell before the early 1500s, when Sir Thomas Moore first coined the term “Utopia,” people have been thinking about how to design their ideal community. Maybe it’s one that doesn’t use money, or one that drops traditional family structures and … Continue reading → […]
- 122- Good EgressWhen designing a commercial structure, there is one safety component that must be designed right into the building from the start: egress. “Egress” refers to an entire exit system from a building: stairs, corridors, and evacuation routes outside the building. Each state’s building … Continue reading → […]
- 121- Cold War KidsDuring the 1961 Berlin Crisis—one of the various moments in the cold war in which we came frighteningly close to engaging in actual war with the Soviets—President John F. Kennedy vowed to identify spaces in “existing structures both public and … Continue reading → […]
- 125- Duplitecture
Tags211 Advice Blight CET Cincinnati Cleveland Columbus CPB crisis Dallas Detroit economy Facing the Mortgage Crisis Food Foreclosure foreclosures FTMC Help Hope ideastream Impact Jobs KERA KETC Las Vegas Laura Conaway My Source Nevada News NewsHour NPR NYT OH PBS Planet Money PRX Reinvention St Louis Story ThinkTV TX unemployment WDET WOSU WVXU